Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 4 - Annyeong Seoul, Annyeong Busan!

Left my hostel at around 10am to get a light breafast before heading to Seoul station to take the KTX to Busan. Once i stepped out and walked a few steps, it started to snow :)) the snow was too fine to be taken with my camera lol. but if you look closely at my hair, at the right side of the picture, you can see a snowflake haha

Had a Cafe Latte and an Egg & Ham bread at DUdart near my hostel while looking at the snow outside the window
After i'm done with breakfast, i headed out for Seoul Station. The door of my hostel and my big luggage -.-|||
After dragging that huge ass luggage around, once i reached Seoul Station, first thing i saw was Lotteria! their fast food chain. Ordered their Bulgogi Burger set and munched away staring at the Ah Bing Ge sitting opposite of me. I think at least 10% of the people at Seoul Station that day was army boy. it's weird that they do not carry any bag around. most of them just carried a paper bag.
bought this at a convenient store GS25. lifesaver can? sticked it onto the pocket of my coat and kept my hands in 24/7. Seoul Station is so cold.. i regretted stepping out of Lotteria.. 30 mins till my train arrives
Only know my train number is 131 and it's a KTX train. so i guess it's on track 4 haha. i was right!
it takes only 2 and 1/2 hours to get to Busan with a KTX because they make less stops along the way. the other 2 kinds of train takes roughly 4-6 hours but cost 1/2 the price
Bloody cold right here beside the track. when the wind blew i wished i could've just drop dead.
Bought a bento set for my train ride! came with a cup of soup, rice and a mineral water. from the top left, it's kimchi, then pickled radish, seasoned cuttlefish (i guess and its my favourite of this bento), cucumber and some weird beans. then the leaves and tomato, lotus roots, tamago!!, fish cake?, and stir fried beef? with mushroom and onions.
most of them are businessmen traveling on this train. was so afraid that my luggage would get stolen because i left it at the space between the carriages. but then again, it's too heavy to be worth stealing :D
took like 9238748298 photos of myself on board after the girl beside me alighted. but shortly after, an ajuushi sat beside me typing furiously on his laptop. thought he was typing report for his business but he turned out to be typing subtitle for Cars 2 the cartoon -.-
Busan subway. "No Touch"! - you touch, you go to jail bad boy
After getting lost for about 15 mins, i decided to ask 2 girls walking past me how to get to the motel. they did not recognise the motel when i showed them the picture but when i showed them the address, she took out her iphone and used her gps to guide me. then she showed me where the motel is on my google map. so i just had to follow the little blue dot all the way.
when i was near, i got lost again. i went into a convenient store and asked the staff where the motel is and she said she don't know... i wondered about for 5 mins and found it... it's 1 min away form the convenient store -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
didnt have much time before the sun sets so i headed straight for Busan Tower. It's just 2 mins away, located behind my motel. spent $5 to get up to the observatory
okay, i'm still tired from climbing up the stairs for 2 mins from my motel. after taking the lift, the staff told me i had to climb up 2 flights of stairs to get to the top...
you get to see 360deg view from the top and the sea port in this picture have boats that ferries you to either Jeju Island or Japan. Yup, Japan. really piao yang guo hai
the $5 ticket, i spent less than 10 mins up there. and i walked 3 rounds at the observatory
went back to the shopping street and it was all christmas-y! lots of statues, swings, xmas trees for people to take pictures with. damn a lot of kids along this street. 1 hour after i took this picture, the whole street was flooded with people
walked past this streetfood vendor and saw this HUGEASS prawn? the prawn is even bigger than the pomfret?!? it has to be as long as my forearm omg. wanted to try it but i don't know how much it is... i might try it later on at the fish market that Busan is famous for
Decided to have dinner at this place. the rest of the "restaurants" were mostly empty and this one was crowded
decided to see what they're selling. the uncle is BBQ-ing spicy baby squid over the charcoal. the smell is unbelievably seductive lol
some fried pancake which i later ordered too
nope, this is not a meal. this is the side dishes. theres onions, sesame leaves (hate it), spinach, long tau ghay? and seasoned fish cake. the big bowl of soup is actually.....
FISH BRAIN SOUP!!! the soup damn nice can? the radish made the soup so sweet and the fish broth made it even better. at first i thought it was intestine or something. then i figured it might be brain. so i asked the auntie what is that. i ask if it is pig's brain (i actually pushed my nose and made a pig nose for her to see and pointed to my head) and she said "yae." but she said it's not pig. she say is fish. then i was like "?!!#!" and said "BIG FISH???" and she replied "yae" lol
and that's how i know it's big fish brain soup lol
baby prawn and baby squid pancake! minimum serving 4 pieces i think. but she kinda played charade with me and i think she meant that she will only charge 1/2 the price for 2 pieces.. with the dipping sauce, the pancake was soooo nice.... not oily at all.
tadddaaaaa~ BBQ baby squid. baby i love you.
ajjuma passed me a sesame leaf and told me to wrap it in.
roll it up and eat away~ tried sesame leaves a few times before and didn't like it at all the taste of it is too unique lol.. thought the leaf's taste might blend well with the squid but i was wrong. in the end i just ate the squid with the bean paste. the charcoal-smell-infused-babies was musky, spicy and had just the right amount of juiciness to it. ahh....
i can't believe i finished all those... the couple beside me kept looking at me because they only ordered the squid for the 2 of them lol. the squid is standard sized. my soup turned red because i started to wash the squids at the end because it's getting too spicy for me to handle. i finished a bottle of water they gave me which i think is about 1.5 litres lol. plus the soup.. i guess the couple was not the only ones looking at me because i think no one actually comes to this place alone.
i think it's a 聚酒屋where friends or colleagues comes after work and have squids and soju. i think this place is pretty popular among the locals because when i finished eating at around 7pm, there was already a queue out there. i thought it was because it's dinner time but when i walked around, the rest of the eateries are still pretty empty.
the squid place was rather cold so i had to get something hot to drink. so i bought a hot can of coffee at the convenient store. although i was walking around like a water ballon about to burst, i needed a hot drink to keep me from freezing.. at least i'm not at seoul, it's -4 degs that night in seoul and at busan, it was 4 degrees. but it still feels damn bloody cold...
Bert asked me to help him buy go stop, a korean card game for him lol. bought one for myself too. shall ask jackson to teach me how to play on sunday :)

No comments: