Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 3 - nom nom nom

Basically , i didn't do much today. i was so tired when i woke up at 8am today... couldnt go back to sleep.. the mattress in my room is so uncomfortable! i can feel the individual rings of springs imprinting themselves onto my back. nighttime is so early right now; it gets dark after 5pm.
and it's so cold today! at myeong dong i was freezing my ass off... checked the weather and it's 0 degrees... oh my tian.. fingers all frozen. had to keep eating to stop my jaw from freezing.
Even before breakfast, i decided to go do a bit of window shopping. i went to a shopping centre at Sindorim called D-Cube city and wanted to buy this pair of boots in H&M but it cost about $92.. maybe if i still have money left on the last day i will go back and get it :D
BREAKFAST! Pig trotters!
comes with pickled radish, rice cake and stuffed intestines (personally i only liked the intestine)
the pork was too dry for my liking and the skin was too jhun. not soft enough..
after breakfast, decided to have a sit-down and write about Day 2 on my laptop. so i went to this cafe called Artisee Coffee and ordered myself a Cafe Au Lait Cake and a cup of Ice Shaken Honey Lemon Drink (couldnt get a coffee cause my throat feels kinda sore)
Artisee Coffee's napkin. reminds me of CJ7 the movie cos of the thing on her head haha

i've seen quite a lot of branches of Taco Bell here in Seoul. at least it's surviving here unlike in SG
my studious get-up today. anyways, i heard that Ewha Womans University accepts male exchange students haha. maybe i should apply for it.
After going up a few levels in D-Cube, i found it kinda familiar and i search for it on my phone. turns out that the episode of Running Man where Gary thought he was the spy, True Gary Show, was filmed here. I also passed by the Seoul Museum where Yong Hwa's first appearance in running man was filmed. the part where at the intro he sang very loudly across the street to a Japanese girl lol
Mimine rice cake! i told jackson that i loooove tteokpokki and he told me that this is one of his favourites apart from Chopok tteokpokki which i had yesterday. He also recommended the Kimari Twigim which is the fried thing at the side; it is fried seasoned noodles wrapped in seaweed. i only liked the crunchy part because the part where the seaweed is has too much pepper in it. got a queue number and had to wait 10 mins for the tteokpokki. they sealed it for easy take-away. i would prefer the chopok tteokpokki i had yesterday because this stall's tteokpokki is too watery. but if you're a soupy person i guess you'll like it.

Mini melts that doesn't melt at all. i regret buying it when i exit the building. had to went back into the building and finish it. it's too cold outside plus i look like some idiot trembling and eating ice cream. lol. asking for it only
Single trip ticket to Myeong Dong - my next destination
Myeong Dong's underground shopping. there's not a lot of stalls here but they sell cheap spectacle frames here ~$11 each. but in Myeong Dong, things are generally cheaper than those in Hongdae.
Street of Myeong Dong. Tonnes of beauty shops, shopping and eateries. best to visit from 5pm onwards because that's when the street food vendors starts opening their "shop"
remedy for the cold weather. Oden. A stick of it and a cup of soup makes it all better. for about 2mins; then you start to feel cold again.
saw people queueing so i joined the queue and bought 1. you just throw 1000won inside the bucket and take a piece of paper and take the pastry yourself.
it is fried mochi with red bean and cinnamon i think. extremely hot and sticky... dripped all over my pants while walking and it froze. lol. just flicked it off after it solidified. i guess winter weather does have its perk afterall
after window shopping through some shopping centres and the streets of Myeong Dong, i was heading back to my hostel area to get some dinner. On the way, it was just too cold to carry on walking. so i had fried squid and a hot cup of oden soup.
the oden soup wasnt enough to stop myself from trembling. so i went into this convenient store and got myself a hot can of milk tea. saw this poster with Gary in it. and his rap partner i don't know his name lol
Back at Hongdae, i went to this ramen joint which the couple yesterday, who brought me to Chopok tteokpokki, recommended me when i asked which place has good jajiangmen. they served pickled radish, szechuan chai and pu-er tea while i waited for my bowl of korean ramen
looks exactly as i imagined it to be but the taste was far from my expectations... i thought it would be alike to chinese's 炸酱面 but it was not as thick or salty as i would've expected. maybe it suits the locals' taste.
the name of the ramen joint. i wouldnt have stepped into the restaurant if the couple had not recommended me this place because it has a chinese name. haha. usually i would find shops that only have picture and no english or chinese name so i know that it's authentic korean (well, at least that's my way of thinking)
on my way back, got myself a mister donut Pon De Double Strawberry :D the variety of donuts in korea is much better than thailand's mister donut
Went back to cocobruni to get their coco cake :D) <--- double chin going to appear soon
this cake is just unbelievable can?? arghh the cream is oh my 天啊!

saw this in H&M and it was too cheap to not buy it haha. my black jeans is going through puberty. all the wool and cotton from the winter wear made it so hairy lol
$4 simpsons boxers from H&M (also too cheap to ignore)
bought my KTX ticket to Busan and back at seoul station this afternoon! cost me a bomb... the price is about $20 cheaper than domestic flight tickets but all the check-in hassle deterred me from taking it. KTX takes about 3 hrs to get to Busan while the other kind of trains take 4-6 hours. KTX is about twice the price of the cheapest and slowest train. the return ticket to Busan cost me $123.50... and i already chose the economy seats... good thing i set aside money for this

now, to pack my luggage for busan... hate packing stuff back into how it was originally. they just don't go back the way they should argh... shall wait till tomorrow morning before i pack my luggage haha. more urgency= more efficient. just like studying for exams.
at least i get to enjoy myself before i get my results for this semester. tee gong bo bi please

-byebye-

No comments: